Sunday, December 7, 2008

Griffins game with the Cub Scouts

Oh, my gosh! We had so much fun last night. My family, minus the baby, went to a Griffins hockey game with the Cub Scouts. The kids had such a good time. We went about a year ago with my brother-in-law and sister-in-law and their kids and my kids got very bored and restless right away. This year was completely opposite of that. My daughter was reading the numbers on the jerseys and was cheering for them. "GO FIVE! GO FIVE!!!" (I just had to remind her that we were cheering for the guys in the white jerseys!) and my son had fun watching, because they have been playing indoor hockey in his gym class.

Sadly, we had to leave at the beginning of the third period, because it was already 10pm and we had church today. Because it was already 2 hours past my kids' bedtime and they were having so much fun, this caused quite the commotion. "I don't WANNA go!" I didn't want to go either - I love hockey. But I knew that by the time we left and picked up baby from mother-in-law's house and finally got home, it would be 11pm. If we stayed till the end of the game, we wouldn't have gotten home until midnight. No thanks! Sure enough, as soon as the car was moving, my daughter was asleep. My son fell asleep as soon as we got to Grandma's house.

I went in and grabbed the baby and all of my other daughter's things from her overnight. It turns out that the baby cried (screamed), inconsolably for 2 1/2 hours. This is exactly what she did the night before. All night long. I felt terrible. Luckily, my mother-in-law doesn't let crying bother her as easily. Sometimes there's just nothing you can do about it besides just holding her. Needless to say, I am exhausted. Of the past 3 weeks, she has only slept more than 3 hours at a stretch about 3 nights. I ended up not going to church because I couldn't drag my butt out of bed this morning. We think the antibiotics are making her have an upset tummy. She has had just nasty diapers and a little bit of throw up too. I can't wait till her meds are done!

All in all, we had a terrific time last night. I am so glad that my kids are getting old enough that we can do things that the adults like, instead of always going to the playplace in the mall, or the Children's Museum or Chuck E. Cheeses. Which are all good places, but its nice to do adult-y things too!

No comments: