Saturday, September 13, 2008

Intelligent Adults Do the Stupidest Things...

We've all done it - rushed into things, only to regret them later. I've always sort of hoped that when an adult reaches a certain age, late 20s perhaps, that logic and common sense start to become a factor in the whole decision making process. How about celebrities who hold their baby upside down over a balcony? Or the musician/clothing designer/B-list actress/blah blah blah who bought chandeliers for her babies' closets? Sex with strangers and without protection?

And...My personal (current) favorite: A woman who gets into a relationship with a guy who says he's sterile but she ends up pregnant less than a month into the relationship. Then she decides that she wants to marry him 6 weeks after the baby is born. I'm all for getting married before having children, but the baby is already here! If you're going to marry the guy after the baby is born, at least wait till the postpartum bleeding is done! Somehow I am stuck all up in the middle of this mess. They're living in his parents' house, but paying rent on her apartment. She's taking the one week old baby out and about already. But, apparently, I have no idea what being pregnant, going through labor, having issues breastfeeding or planning a wedding feels like. I only have had 4 pregnancies and 3 kids to show for it. What the heck do I know?!?

Now, I've become the 2nd bridesmaid, by default. I have to meet with bride and maid of honor this week. By the way, the maid of honor MUST meet me in person because she is SO shy that she can't even send e-mails to people that she has never met before. Are you kidding me!?! Bride tells me that I should come with ideas for dresses, but nothing expensive because MOH can't afford it. The wedding budget itself is $300, why would I possibly want to spend more than $50 on a dress? We would look more dressy than the bride!

Whatever...I've got 2 kids I'm bringing with me. SHE has absolutely NO clue what it takes to get 1 kid ready and dropped off at school and 2 other kids ready and make a car trip that is an hour each way.

Their relationship is on rocky ground anyways. Any dress I buy is going to have the tags left on till the "Big Day".

I digress.

No comments: