Tuesday, December 2, 2008

A House Full of Sickies - Let the Fun Begin!

Two weeks ago, me and all the kids got flu shots. The next day, we all started to get the scratchy throats and runny noses. I've been fighting it off as best as I can, but the sickies are running through our house. My wonderful husband (who didn't get the vaccination) came down with a nasty cold over Thanksgiving weekend. My baby has a nasty cold and a double ear infection. My son also came down with a cold and had a stomach bug. My oldest daughter also came down with a cold, but not overly bad. I have been fighting off a little cold and also had the stomach bug.

The fun part is, ever since they pulled all the good kids medications off the shelves, I really have no good way to help ease the girls' symptoms so that they can get the rest that they need to fight off the colds. And, I don't know what medications I can take, being a breastfeeding mother, that won't get to baby through my breast milk. The only thing I know I can take is Robitussin DM, which I won't because I don't DO liquid cough medicine. Except for the Robitussin with codeine, but even then, its a last resort.

I have been toying with the idea of homeopathy. I put out some feelers on a forum that I post on. It seems that it is more difficult than I think it should be. We'll see how it goes... Hopefully the rest of the winter isn't as fun-filled as the past two weeks have been.

No comments: