Friday, October 3, 2008

The Shack

I finished The Shack by William P. Young late last night. Wow, what a book!

I'll admit, I was both horrified and intrigued when a friend described this book to me. Their description was about a man who's daughter was murdered and how he deals with it. I immediately thought that the book was going to be a very dark and tortured look into this man's soul. Boy, was I wrong.

This book is about a man who's daughter was murdered and how he deals with it. How he deals with it alone and then through God.

I am in awe that a regular guy could write such a powerful book. I learned so much and there is still more to learn from this book. I definitely need to read it again. Mr. Young put the Father, Son and Holy Spirit into terms that I had never really imagined before. He made them totally relatable, loving and dynamic instead of distant, angry and silent as I once thought they were.

This book has inspired me to reevaluate and renew not only my relationship with God, but also with all the people who are in my life. I am now understanding more clearly specific events that are depicted in the Bible, such as the fall of man and the death of Christ, and I am more understanding of how Christ can work in my life and how I can work my life through him. I want to say more, but I can't give the plot away.

Definitely a must read...more than once!



No comments: