Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I (Finally!) Got a Day Off Today!!!

So, I'm really new at this whole stay at home mom thing - I've been a stay at home mom for almost 5 months now. I really and truly thought it would be so much easier to be a SAHM than to be a working mother. I was totally wrong.

I still get up at 6 or 7 each morning.
I still go to bed no earlier than midnight every night.
I still deal with temper tantrums and feigned deafness all day (although, its from my 6 and 3 year old, not 16-40 year olds...).
I still can't get stuff done - although I am getting closer!

Despite the few similarities with my previous status as working mother, I LOVE being a SAHM! Working 8 days a week does take its toll, so I definitely appreciated today.

Anyway, my wonderful husband gave me a day off. I went to my step-sister's house to do some canning. Of course, I had to bring the baby - she's breastfed. But, my wonderful husband took oldest son to school and took oldest daughter and nephew (whom I watch 3 days a week) and ran some errands. I got home just in time to pick up son and for nephew to get picked up to go home.

It was a great day! And...I'll be in bed by 10:30, provided my colicky, teething baby doesn't decide to wake up (knock on wood!)

No comments: